Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A little TRIBUTE, because I can...

I am the sole administrator of this blog. That means that I get to post whatever I want. I am taking the liberty to post a little tribute, because I can. This Sunday is Father's Day! It is one of my very favorite days, EVER. I just love it.

I can honestly tell you that I am who I am because of my parents, and because of my Dad. Without hesitation I can tell you that my testimony of our Father in Heaven is solid and strong in part (large part) because of the relationship that I share with my Dad. His confidence has sustained me through some of the best times and through some of the most challenging times in my life.

I also have to acknowledge and pay tribute to my love, Jon. He is the father of our Little Miss, Madeline! They are a tight pair, these two. I am a lucky lady indeed!

So, with that

Happy Father's Day!

This little video is super. It made my heart and eyes overflow with gratitude for the

simple perfection that lies in the ordinary of every day.




1 comment:

Harley King said...

Being a father stresses me out. It means being:
1) a provider
2) a family leader
3) a hometeacher
4) available for Church callings
5) available for family members
6) available for community service

There's just so much work involved. Gone are the free weekends, the "me" paychecks and the free time.

But, given all these commitments, I think Fatherhood is really a blessing.

I think this video said it best about fathers. How do they do it? "[They] just do it."