Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A note for readers...

I've been thinking about starting a blog for our Sunday School class for the last couple of months and have finally decided that I will give it a try. What could it hurt, right?!?! On the first Sunday in January, when I introduced the curriculum for this year, I asked if there were things that I could do to help you learn. I must be the most amazing teacher because no one really said anything. I am kidding, of course.

All jokes aside, I feel like the dynamic in our class is one that encourages participation and learning and that makes me happy. It is my intention to start this as a pilot. If it is useful, I will keep updating it. If it is not, then I'll shut it down. If class members have the opportunity to review the scriptures before class and ponder them, it has the potential to enrich the discussion and edify those in attendance.

I am open to any comments and feedback that you may have and hope that our study and class discussion this year is one that brings peace and great joy.

The guide for our study this week and lesson Sunday is below...check it out!

3 comments:

Susan said...

This is a great idea, Abbie. You rock! It'll be so helpful for those of us who are not able to attend Gospel Doctrine because of our callings.

KatieC said...

I agree! Thanks for the effort, Abbie. Your blog will be well-loved at our house.

Harley King said...

Great idea starting this blog and using technology for the Lord's purposes.

First a blog. Then a book. "sundaywithabbie" sounds like a book.

A good book.

A really spiritual book.